Thursday, March 25, 2010

Meeting with my Mentor

Yesterday Lee Brady came for a play date.  He brought more glass with him from his own stock that I will have to replace when my order comes in.  Yipee!  New colours to play with.

I had a partially finished sculptural piece to show him.  We had considerable discussion with regard to what possible solutions could exist for the interior space and developed a work plan for the experimentation.  Initially, I will work with clear glass, trying various textural options, as well as creating forms of various sizes and shapes for creating pockets.  It will be interesting to see the results.  

We also discussed our final project.  We are going to try to set up a visit with Joan and Al Hiebert at their glass blowing facility, to try sand casting. 

Normally, my day in the studio is relatively interruption free, but yesterday, it was like I had a revolving door on the studio.  Friends dropped in.  Shoppers wanted to meet me.  Staff had a million questions.  I felt badly that Lee came all this way to work with me and here we had constant interruptions.  Such is life!

I am thankful that I have people in my life, even when it becomes an interruption. 

No comments: